Members companies of the Connector Engine are trusted technology partners of Platform of Trust. Connector Engine is a partner network which develops necessary connector components to connect data source systems to Platform of Trust.
Data source system is for example Wapice IoT Ticket, Nuuka Solutions, Siemens Mindsphere, Fidelix Cloud, Visma Fivaldi and Schneider Ecostruxure to mention a few.
Connector Engine is open network and any company can join it. Current constantly growing partner list contains companies like Polku Innovations, Metatavu, Holda, UDS Systems to mention a few. Typical member is SMB size IT development oriented company which is familiar with operating around API driven architectures.
Benefits for Connector Engine technology partners
- By participating in the Connector Engine you will gain access to the work package pool which gives you insights on what kind of capabilities are going to be added to Platform of Trust.
- You can participate in enabling your customers to utilize the full value of the Platform of Trust by creating needed connectors for your data source system. This you can do of course also without joining the network.
- By leaving out of the Connector Engine network you will lose the network member's knowledge of how to do the job easily and efficiently.
- In the network, you can also find partners that result to mutual business benefits outside the Platform of Trust context.
- Be inspired and innovate new solutions and services while working with customer needs
- You get paid for creating needed connector components to expand Platform of Trust's data product variety.
- Connectors are marketed in the future market place and information about the developer is included in the product card
- Participate in enabling trusted data to flow from all API driven data source systems needed by a plethora of customers
How does it work?
Platform of Trust collects customer needs regarding systems to integrate. Based on that information work package pool is filled by Platform of Trust staff. Each work package is about only one connector and one data source system. You get visibility to work package pool by signing the agreement. Work packages are served with the principle "fastest hand win". In other words, we do not push any work packages to partners, but they choose which they want to commit to.
Workpackage is evaluated and discussed in the network with interested partners until there's a mutual understanding that it can be done in a given timeframe. Connector Engine technology partner is responsible for developing and testing the needed connector component between the data source system and Platform of Trust.
Daily discussions are handled in a dedicated private channel in Platform of Trust's Slack workspace. You can join the channel even if you have not signed the agreement! Follow the link and then contact Jarkko Moilanen in Slack to be invited to the private channel.
After testing the connector partner hands over the connector to Platform of Trust, which does the review of the code. After the review, the partner is paid the price which is defined in the Connector Engine agreement. Work packages have been fixed which means that the requirement and price of work packages are known by all partners when they sign the agreement.
Platform of Trust handles the deployment and informs the customers of the platform about new capabilities. All the connectors created through Connector Engine are open source (MIT license) and available in Github under Platform of Trust organization. That enables also another option for deployment. If someone wants to deploy and maintain connector elsewhere than by Platform of Trust, it is an available option.
Connector Engine was launched silently under the radar in March 2020. After the kickstart development of 9 connectors has begun. We expect the number of connectors created by the Connector Engine partners to rise around 30 during this year. That is considered only as a beginning. The connector component is a key element in increasing Platform of Trust's value for the surrounding ecosystem. Become one of the valuable technology partners in Connector Engine. We have not set any limit to member count.